Sunday, February 12, 2012

Firefly/Serenity


Adam Baldwin!!

 What an excellent Firefly/Serenity panel with Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite , Sean Maher, and Ron Glass!  There were some excellent stories from their times on set and a really fantastic moment when a fan failed to pronounce Alan Tudyk's name correctly!  As per usual the last question was an epic fail with some idiot asking the panel about the politics of Firefly and if it had anything to do with the 2000 election as well as asking Jewel about the great female characters in Firefly and other Joss shows. Why this guy couldn't have just asked the one question for Jewel and left the political crap out we'll probably never know, but it was a seriously awful question!  The actors handled it well with Jewel speaking to her experience portraying Kaylee as a real woman and Adam completely dismissing the other nonsense by stating, "I don't know."  Luckily the moderator was great and let another fan ask his question which was light years better and the panel ended on a great note.  Someone should seriously vet these "last" questions before they're asked - it really drags the room down and makes everyone cringe inside.  Overall though, it was a great Q&A.

After the panel Jess and I waited in line for autographs.  I waited in Adam's line while she got Jewel, Ron and Sean.  Then she waited while I got those three as well.  Finally we both got through to Adam and it was glorious.  I had him sign my Better Days graphic novel and asked him to sign it in a particular spot.  His response was, "Honey, I'll out it anywhere you want."  SWOON!  I bit my tongue and he didn't seem to notice the thousand completely inappropriate thoughts that raced through my head.  It was lovely - and the graphic novel looks great!  Jess has a really cool Firefly book with beautiful cast photos and had everyone sign that.  She also got a hug from Sean Maher; I am completely jealous!  Her photo with the cast tuned out great as well. 

It really was a brilliant start to our 2012 convention mayhem!  More pics after the jump.


Not us!
Jewel taking video of the crowd.


Sean Maher

Adam goofing around with Jess!

Jewel Staite






1 comment:

  1. *squee* I got giddy all over again! They need to come back ASAP! <3

    ReplyDelete