Monday, February 13, 2012

More Firefly/Serenity

The Dallas SciFi-Expo was pure amazingness! As you read below in Laura's post, the panel was hilarious and a great opportunity. I am so glad we didn't pass it up. (I'm also grateful that what we thought was the initial panel line wasn't the actual line, phew) I hope to see the full cast together one day *dreams*

On to the autographs: As Laura was holding our place in line, I went to grab the others signatures. I managed to: tell Ron I was nervous to which he laughed and led to a short awkward silence then small conversation while he signed my book. He smiled as he handed me the book back and said "that word is dreaming if you can't read it" and wished me safe travels and I wished him the same as well; next, when I got to Sean I was total kool-aid smiling because, come on, the man is a gorgeous human being. I got a hug from him which was great. As I leaned in, I told him congratulations on everything and he proceeded to hug me a little tighter and said thanks and you better believe I kept hugging him until I felt like I intruded in his bubble long enough; and with Jewel I totally blanked for a second, but she's too nice and carefree to stay mute, so I told her that her "Tudyk/Two Dick" jokes will always work. She laughed and said she couldn't help herself :) (These actors are the best!)

I joined Laura back in line for Adam's autograph, and when we were almost to the table, I looked over at Eliza Dushku's table (her boots were HOT!) I noticed a Mr. Hottie sitting behind her. I finally recognized who it was, but I wanted to be sure,
so I poked/tapped Laura on the shoulder. She confirmed it; it was RICK FOX! As we struggled to get our cameras/phones out to take a photo of him, of course it would then be our turn with Adam *sigh* Two hotties within a 10' span. Laura was first with Adam (see post below. I wish I would've heard it, but I was dealing with the guy collecting payment) When I got infront of Adam, I asked him to sign it to me and while he did that, I leaned forward and told him I was glad he said something about the "last" question and then asked for a good one. He laughed and we chatted about it a bit longer, along with the next guy in line. It was a fabulous moment.

After getting everyone's autograph, I headed to the cast photo-op line and Laura met me over there with some pretzels (con food needs an overhaul). We waited there for a bit, and when the line started moving Laura went to the photo-op exit area and waited for me. Once it was my turn, I was on automatic "hurry up we have a line" mode, so I slightly spazzed as soon as I saw the four of them waiting for the next photo. I proceeded to totally miss the big neon green mark on the floor, so after I stepped infront of them (and put one arm around Sean and one around Ron), Sean politely instructed me to scoot forward alittle bit. Cue the embarassment. The photo turned out cute (Vote Smuggler), totally derpy, but cute.

After that debacle was over, we went around the convention and did some shopping (I scored two Han Solo dolls! They're 12" tall, so you can't call them action figures.) It was a great time and I can't wait for Gallifrey One in 3 1/2 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment