Friday, February 24, 2012

Gallifrey 2012 Recap: Friday

Lesson learned from Gallifrey: Even if you can't post your blog, write while it's still fresh so you don't forget half the stuff that happened.
 
Friday of Gallifrey One was complete madness. I've already written about the awesomeness that was me believing the steam from my iron set off the fire alarm.  That turned out to be a false alarm thank goodness!  The Radio Free Skaro interviews were really fantastic, especially Toby Haynes as he talked about Sherlock and Doctor Who!! His bit on Sherlock can be found here.  Steven asked great questions of all the guests and it really gave a taste for what was to come the rest of the weekend. Camille Coduri was seriously funny in both the RFS interview and on her own Q&A panel. When asked by a fan which Doctor Jackie Tyler and Camille would "go for," Camille stated she thought Jackie would go for the 9th Doctor because, "Jackie likes a bit of rough." The crowd erupted in laughter and cheering! She then said Tennant was her Doctor. The opening ceremonies were great as Sean Lyon introduced many of the weekend's guests and Daniele Favilli (Angelo, Torchwood Miracle Day) gave a really adorable speech.

The Amy Pond cosplay was interesting and not something I would want to do again.  Costuming just isn't my thing, but everyone else looked fantastic and Jess and I met Michelle who Jess knew from the internet - Tumblr or LiveJournal I think.  It was instant friendship and mutual craziness.  This was evidenced by the end of the night as Michelle and I approached Chris and Steven from Radio Free Skaro out by the pool. We had both had a little bit to drink and had agreed that Michelle really identified with Chris as she can be highly pedantic about Doctor Who and I almost always agreed with Warren who just loves the show.  I mean really? Who cares why there are still clocks in a universe where time has stopped.  It was a cool way to illustrate what had happened and advance a plot point. I digress. Chris recognized Michelle from her photo and the guys were very nice and extremely approachable.  Afterwards, Michelle and I started a bit of a TeamChris/TeamWarren thing that devolved into a spectacularly insane idea.  More on that madness in another post. Later that night while hanging out with Sean from TardisTavern we talked to Warren and he was extremely gracious and totally agreed with my point of view. At least that's how I think I remember it - drinks had been drunk and the conversations are a little hazy.

I've posted some of the photos from Friday of the cosplay and RFS panel after the jump.  The rest can be found on our Google+ Picasa page.



Femme 10

Jess as Rose Tyler

The Doctor's Daughter
Leela and K-9
Radio Free Skaro!! Steven, Warren and Chris

The Girl Who Waited

Bess as Captain Jack
Tiki Dalek!

Barnaby Edwards!

Toby Haynes!


Michelle: Femme 10

Cute 3rd Doctor
Little Femme 11




No comments:

Post a Comment